Dear Irish Citizen, Just a few days ago on the Marian Finucan show former Fianna Fail TD and fellow public servant Mary O’Rourke stated that she was in possession of four  Tapes containing the events of the evening of September 28th 2008 and subsequent events. Mrs O’Rourke went on to inform the listening audience […]
eNews & Updates
Read the latest issue online
- IWAI prepare to appear before the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Environment, Culture and the Gaeltacht on 25th March
- Emigration has left older people ALONE this St. Patricks Day
- Jobs Bonanza in Local Government
- Raheen GAA Club Notes
- Clara GAA Notes
- Brosna Gaels Notes – 10th March 2014
- Wind energy – the safety challenge for rural Ireland – Seminar in Portlaoise
- Offaly can grab greater share of lucrative sports tourism market – say organisers European Sport Tourism Summit
Jobs in Offaly
- HL top scorers: Waterford's Mahony out in frontPauric Mahony is the top scoring player after three rounds of the Allianz hurling leagues.
- Edenderry GAA Club NewsA goal twenty seconds into the second half from veteran forward Keith McGuinness was the difference between the two sides as Edenderry secured their second brace of points in the 2014 Division one football league.
- Shamrocks GAA NotesThere was a great response from parishioners in purchasing the €10 tickets, thanks in no small part to the committee members and supporters
- Raheen club notesRaheen Intermediate Footballers will be attempting to make it 4 wins out 4 as they continue their Div 2 League campaign against Ballycomman
- Rhode GAA NotesOffaly Under 21 footballers qualified for the semi-final of the Leinster Under 21 championship when they had a fully deserved 0-13 to 0-9 win
- HL top scorers: Waterford's Mahony out in front
- Birr Town Council’s March Monthly Meeting will be held on Monday 10th Marchat 6.00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Birr. The Agenda for the meeting may be inspected in Birr Civic Offices.
- Press Statement : 5rd March 2014:Emmet Square Enhancement ProjectBirr Town Council will make a final decision on next Monday, 10th March on whether to proceed or abandon the proposal to enhance Emmet Square, Birr. The scheme would improve access to Main Street and Market Square. However, this would involve the loss of some car parking spaces in Emmet Square. Full Press Statement here
- Birr Town Council’s March Monthly Meeting will be held on Monday 10th March