Dear Taoiseach, Here is a draft plan for power generation, job creation, and energy security in Ireland. I would welcome serious discussion and action in order to make it happen. Central to realising the goals is the retention in full of the ESB, Bord Gais, and Coillte, for vital infrastructure and control. In Ireland we […]
eNews & Updates
Read the latest issue online
- IWAI prepare to appear before the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Environment, Culture and the Gaeltacht on 25th March
- Emigration has left older people ALONE this St. Patricks Day
- Jobs Bonanza in Local Government
- Raheen GAA Club Notes
- Clara GAA Notes
- Brosna Gaels Notes – 10th March 2014
- Wind energy – the safety challenge for rural Ireland – Seminar in Portlaoise
- Offaly can grab greater share of lucrative sports tourism market – say organisers European Sport Tourism Summit
Jobs in Offaly
- Jam packed weekend for Offaly CamogieOffaly's Senior, Minor and U-16 Camogie teams as well as the St Brendan's Community School Junior teams are all in action this weekend in what is lining up to be a bumper weekend of action fro camogie fans in the county.
- Offaly Camogie NotesCongratulations to St Brendan's CS who have reached the All Ireland Second Level Schools Junior A Final after a 2-6 to 2-0 win over Loughrea
- HL top scorers: Waterford's Mahony out in frontPauric Mahony is the top scoring player after three rounds of the Allianz hurling leagues.
- Edenderry GAA Club NewsA goal twenty seconds into the second half from veteran forward Keith McGuinness was the difference between the two sides as Edenderry secured their second brace of points in the 2014 Division one football league.
- Shamrocks GAA NotesThere was a great response from parishioners in purchasing the €10 tickets, thanks in no small part to the committee members and supporters
- Jam packed weekend for Offaly Camogie
- Birr Town Council’s March Monthly Meeting will be held on Monday 10th Marchat 6.00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Birr. The Agenda for the meeting may be inspected in Birr Civic Offices.
- Press Statement : 5rd March 2014:Emmet Square Enhancement ProjectBirr Town Council will make a final decision on next Monday, 10th March on whether to proceed or abandon the proposal to enhance Emmet Square, Birr. The scheme would improve access to Main Street and Market Square. However, this would involve the loss of some car parking spaces in Emmet Square. Full Press Statement here
- Birr Town Council’s March Monthly Meeting will be held on Monday 10th March