Suzuki Contender For ‘King Of The Superbikes’ To Make Début At The Carole Nash Irish Motorbike And Scooter Show
Suzuki are renowned for their success on the race track, and the Japanese motorbike manufacturer has revealed that their Moto GP inspired new GSXR1000 superbike will be the headline feature of new bikes they will launch at the Carole Nash Irish Motorbike & Scooter Show in Dublin this March.
The engineers who helped Suzuki win 15 world endurance championships, including a remarkable twenty-three 24-hour endurance races and several world superbike title races, pooled their knowledge to create the GSXR1000 and have come up with a machine they believe will be crowned ‘King of the Superbikes’.
A lot of the technology found on the new GSXR-1000 was developed for Suzuki’s Moto Grand Prix bikes. This means they have been able to create a lighter, more mechanically simple, dependable, and robust machine while maintaining its credibility as a true Sport Superbike.
It is the first superbike to include Racing Variable Valve Timing, which means the new inline four-cylinder engine produces both class-leading power and torque. The new engine is 22.2mm shorter, 6.6mm narrower and lighter than found on its predecessor — yet it is more powerful. Suzuki say it peaks at 199.2bhp and 86.74ftlb of torque.
Ruth Lemass, organiser of the Carole Nash Irish Motorbike & Scooter Show, said: “This is a true superbike in every sense of the word. You can ride this bike on the streets knowing that with a few tweaks you could just as easily take it onto the track. We are very privileged to have Suzuki launch this flagship bike onto the Irish market at the show.”
The Suzuki GSXR1000 also has a comprehensive electronics package which features a 10-mode traction control system and cornering ABS. All of this is controlled via a six-axis inertial measurement unit that also helps control rear wheel lift under heavy braking. It also has launch control, a bi-directional quick-shifter and three rider modes to suit conditions.
Suzuki will also be launching the New GSXS750A as well as showing the following; Vstrom 1000 adventure, Vstrom 650, GSXR750, GSXS1000A/FA, SV650A along with the other motorcycles and scooters in their range, at the RDS event.
For stunning displays of truly amazing motorbikes and spectacular live action entertainment for all the family, visit The Carole Nash Irish Motorbike & Scooter Show at the RDS in Dublin,March 3rd – 5th
About Carole Nash
- The company employs around 400 staff in the UK and Ireland, and provides insurance for over 300,000 classic, vintage, modern, custom and off road motorcycles – equivalent to around 25 per cent of all licenced machines
- Carole Nash is a trading style of Carole Nash Insurance Consultants Ltd registered in England and Wales No 2600841. Carole Nash Insurance Consultants Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Winners of the Personal Lines Broking Innovation of the Year award for ‘Bikers Only’ at the British Insurance Awards 2016
- Winners of the Industry’s prestigious Insurance Times awards for Excellence in Motor Broking and Personal Lines Broker of the Year 2015
- Carole Nash was ranked as the UK’s 42nd biggest insurance broker by Insurance Times magazine in 2016