‘Jammin for Jarrah’ 32 Gigs In 32 Counties comes to Offaly in aid of 5 year old boy with severe Cerebral Palsy needs
‘Jammin for Jarrah’ – Father And Friends To Play 32 Gigs In 32 Counties In Aid of 5 year Old Son With Severe Cerebral Palsy Needs
The Co. Offaly gig will be the 1st venue on Day 4 outside Oxmantown Mall, Birr on Wednesday June 22nd. See full schedule below.
June 19th 2016 will see a series of 32 gigs being held across the length and breadth of the island of Ireland in the space of seven days for a very special cause. Jarrah Folkman is a happy, bright and loving five year old boy from Cootehill, Co. Cavan who was born in 2011 with Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy, CVI Blindness and Refractory Epilepsy.
Having a child with severe neurological and physical limitations has been extremely challenging for the family but now that Jarrah is getting older it’s becoming intensely more of a challenge. As jarrah grows his parents will struggle to safely lift him into the car seats, the bath and up the stairs – everyday tasks that most parents take for granted. Having the correct equipment is crucial for Jarrah, it would provide him with comfort and opportunities to live a full life.
Jarrah’s father Ben, through his love and passion for music launched ‘Jammin for Jarrah’ as the primary fundraiser for Jarrah’s cause. Ben and six friends will embark on an epic musical journey on Sunday the 19th of June around the 32 Counties of Ireland playing 32 gigs in just 7 days, aiming to play in one social club or popular spot in every county on the island of Ireland. They hope to delight each town with their raw talent building awareness and raising money for such a wonderful, deserving little boy.
It is set to be a BUSKING BONANZA of singsongs, guitars, and even some cowboy hats!! So when you see them in your local area, please show them your support. Local musicians in every county are invited to join the lads for a jam. Details of locations on www.32gigs.com. Jarrah will stay at home with his loving mammy Elysha and his little sister Aria whose admiration for her big brother would make hearts melt.
The Grand Final Concert will take place in Errigal Country House Hotel in Cootehill, Co. Cavan at8pm on the 25th of June. A raffle and auction will take place there and prizes include items such as a guitar signed by Def Leppard, a current Republic of Ireland signed jersey, a signed Leinster Jersey, and a signed Manchester Utd programme from Roy Keane’s last ever game.
Tickets are €20.00. It is set to be an exceptional night with live music and fantastic raffle prizes.
“Jarrah has the whole town rallying together and it looks like he’s now set to inspire the country. That’s why we’re setting out on this mission, to spread awareness, and to also raise much needed funds so Jarrah can get the supports he needs and deserves. He’s growing bigger fast and often has to be carried. He needs special equipment and funds raised will go directly towards that. This initiative is also a celebration of his life and his courageous spirit. He’s just such a beautiful young boy, I’d do anything for him. He deserves a decent life like any of us” says Jarrah’s father Ben as People can find out more and donate online at www.32gigs.com and at ‘Jammin for Jarrah’ on Facebook.
Day 1 (Sunday 19th June)
- Co.Louth Dundalk – Market Square
2. Co.Down Newry – Outside the Quayside Shopping Centre
3. Co. Armagh – Thomas Street Armagh City
4. Co. Antrim – Bow Street Lisburn
5. Co. Tyrone, Cookstown – Central Bar William Street – confirmed
Day 2 (Monday 20th June)
- Co. Derry High Street Moneymore
2. Co. Fermanagh Main Street Belleck
3. Co.Donegal Ballyshannon – Main Street Beside the Rory Gallagher Statue
4. Co.Sligo – Entrance to the Quayside Shopping Centre
5. Co. Roscommon – Main Street Boyle
6. Co. Leitrim Murtagh’s Bar Carrickonshannon
Day 3 (Tuesday 21st June)
- Co.Longford – Main Street Longford town
2. Co.Westmeath Golden Island Shopping Centre,Athlone
3. Co.Mayo –Main Street Ballyhaunis
4. Co.Galway – Monroe’s Tavern Galway City tbc
Day 4 (Wednesday 22nd June)
- Co.Offaly – Birr – Outside Oxmantown Mall
2. Co.Laois – Portlaoise Market Square
3. Co.Carlow – Kennedy Avenue [ beside Pennys & SuperValu ] Carlow Town
4. Co.Kilkenny High Street Kilkenny City
5. Co.Tipperary –Lonergans Bar, FethardDay 5 (Thursday 23rd June)1. Co. Clare – O’Connell Street [ beside Dunnes Stores ] Ennis
2. Co.Limerick – High Street Limerick City
3. Co.Cork – Millstreet
4. Co.Kerry – Tralee Pats BarDay 6 (Friday 24th June)
- Co.Waterford – City Square Shopping Centre, Waterford City
2. Co.Wexford – North Main Street Wexford Town
3. Co.Wicklow – Greystones Meridian Shopping Centre
4. Co.Dublin – Foleys Bar Baggot Street tbc
Day 7 (Saturday 25th June)
- Co.Kildare –The Square Maynooth
2. Co.Meath – Navan Shopping Centre, Navan
3. Co.Monaghan Carrickmacross – Main Street
4. Co.Cavan – Cootehill [ Outside Sean’s Diner ]